Thursday, September 4, 2014

a crafty break: back to school photos

If you follow me on instagram (mom2sofia), you may have seen how I spent my last day of summer vacation. I helped style a little vignette with my favorite photog and friend, Tanya Zaleski.  She brought the desk, and I filled it out with a few items I had around the house... you know, like the big giant apple and the Milton and Shakespeare texts from my English Lit days.

Here are my kids!

back to school photos

This is Maia's 3rd and final year of preschool. Every year until now, the teachers have had to peel her from my body and distract her with promises of toys so that I could slip away.  My heart couldn't take it. Thank goodness this promises to be a better year.

back to school photos

She wakes up excited for school now, with a smile as big as the one in the photo. She lights up my life.

back to school photos

Thomas is in grade 2 this year! I swear this kid only grows lengthwise. I keep trying to slip him extra servings of fat, but to no avail. When I woke him up, at 6:15am, for his first day of school, he shot up and high-fived me. Way to start the year off right.

back to school photos

I slipped a treat bag into their lunchboxes yesterday, with a crafted tag on it. He came home and said thanks, mom! but my friends said you shouldn't have made that for me because I was embarrassing myself.

I guess we're at that age now?

back to school photos


Sofia is off to the 4th grade! What a difference a year makes. Last September we weren't going back to school - we were in the hospital where Sofia was being operated on both knees. Having missed the first few months of school back then is making this year's experience that much sweeter.

back to school photos


I am so proud of this kid.  Every piece of her is a burst of beautiful.

♥.

5 comments:

  1. These turned out great! They all look happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just makes my heart smile! I love Maia's joyous smile and Thomas' toothless one:) And of course, Sofia is just the most radiant little lady!

    Aren't we lucky? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photos! All 3 kiddos look great, you have beautiful children! Wish them a great school year! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pics..hope the school year has started off well. I just love your dear description of your daughter "burst of beautiful" - if you do not mind, I may have to use that as an inspirational home decor item!

    ReplyDelete